DO YOU WANT TO BE PART OF CREATING THE SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITY THAT IS TINY LIGHTS?
Help us to solidify our reputation for providing festival participants (artists and visitors alike) with an experience that helps increase their awareness of awesomeness and expands the realm of possibilities.
Who are we looking for?
To make this years' festival exceptional, we are creating a sanctuary of sorts in the middle of the town, called the Village. We want to have delicious and healthy food available. We want to support local business wherever possible. There will be music and art. This is also a place where visitors can nourish their spirits with education of what it means to be sustainable- the goal is to have every participant come away with even one new idea or way of living that they can immediately implement to make this world that little bit better.
What is Sustainability?
We are currently working with the following definitions:
Sustainability- The ability to meet the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. This encompasses environmental, economic, social equity, cultural and political concerns.
Sustainable Community- A small social unit of people living together with the intention of reconciling environmental, social equity and economic demands for both the present and future generations.
Local- Grown, sourced, located, and created in the Kootenay Region
Organic- Produced without the addition of commercial fertilizers, pesticides, or herbicides
In order to qualify this year, vendors must satisfy at least two of the following criteria:
1. Be Local, which means currently living in the Kootenay Region.
2. Sell goods that are created from local ingredients and assembled locally.
3. The majority (60%) of items on the menu includes organic and/or locally sourced ingredients.
4. Actively educate festival visitors using interactive, hands-on displays that support sustainable development in relation to one or more concerns listed in the definition above.
5. Be part of creating a Sustainable Community within the festival, which promotes the definition above.
Priority will be given to applicants who can prove current membership with the Salmo Farmers' Market, and/or the Ymir Business Association.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY APRIL 30, 2016.
The Tiny Lights Tea