We are now accepting vendor applications for Tiny Lights 2019!
Who are we looking for?
Our award winning Village focuses on sustainability at its heart. We are looking for vendors whose values align with our own. In order to make this years' festival exceptional, we are creating a Village in the centre of our town. We would like to offer delicious, healthy food and support local business wherever possible. There will also be more music and art in the village than ever before.
The village is a place where visitors can learn about what it means to live in a sustainable way. The goal is to have every participant come away with even one new idea or way of living that they can immediately implement to make our world a little better.
What is Sustainability?
We are currently working with the following definitions:
Sustainability- The ability to meet the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. This encompasses environmental, economic, social equity, cultural and political concerns.
Sustainable Community- A small social unit of people living together with the intention of reconciling environmental, social equity and economic demands for both the present and future generations.
Local- Grown, sourced, located, and created in the Kootenay Region
Organic- Produced without the addition of commercial fertilizers, pesticides, or herbicides
In order to qualify this year, vendors must satisfy at least two of the following criteria:
1. Be Local, which means currently living in the Kootenay Region.
2. Sell goods that are created from local ingredients and assembled locally.
3. The majority (60%) of items on the menu includes organic and/or locally sourced ingredients.
4. Actively educate festival visitors using interactive, hands-on displays that support sustainable development in relation to one or more concerns listed in the definition above.
5. Be part of creating a Sustainable Community within the festival, which promotes the definition above.